Lost your Windows 10 password? How to reset it when you couldn’t get into your computer? If you have a Windows install CD, you can reset your password with a simple trick. But most modern computers come with Windows 10 pre-installed and no install CD is shipped. There is no need to worry! In this tutorial we’ll show you how to reset your Windows 10 password with Hiren’s BootCD.
How to Reset Lost Windows 10 Password Without an Install CD?
- If you don’t have a Hiren’s BootCD, you need to create it using another computer. Download Hiren’s BootCD from its official website and save it to your desktop for extracting.
- Then burn the ISO image of Hiren’s BootCD to a disc using your preferred burning software. If you don’t have an empty CD laying around, you can create a boot USB drive using the freeware ISO2Disc.
- Place Hiren’s BootCD into the computer your need to get admin access to. Make sure that CD-ROM is selected as first boot device inside your BIOS.
- You will see Hiren’s BootCD Menu on your screen, use the arrow keys to move into the “Offline NT/2000/XP/Vista/7 Password Changer” option and then press Enter. When the screen stops at the boot prompt, press Enter again.
- This step will ask for the partition where Windows is installed. You should be able to identify your system drive with the partition size.
- Now you have to choose the path to your registry. The default is fine, so hit Enter.
- Select “Password reset [sam system security]” and press Enter.
- Choose “Edit user data and passwords” and press Enter.
- Type the user name you want to reset the password and press Enter.
- To blank the password, select “Clear (blank) user password” and press Enter.
- Type ! and then type q to quit. Next type y to save your changes.
- Edit Complete!, all done, when it asks for new run type n and press Enter. Reboot your computer. You should be able to log into your Windows 10 user account without password!